Parenting with Purpose and Direction
who we are
Hi! I’m Susan, a mom of 6 kiddos, wife for 20+ years, and retired military family. Welcome to my website!
I’ve learned some really valuable things over the last 20 years through trial and error (so much well-intentioned error).
I want to give back by sharing information, tips, and secrets I wish someone had shared with me when I was starting out as a young mother and bride.
I remember arriving home from the hospital with my first child in tow. My husband and I took our baby into the house, put her car seat on the bed, and stood quietly for a few seconds. I then looked at my husband and said, “Well, what do we do now?”
Over the next 20 years, I’ve asked that question over and over. I spent countless hours reading books, searching the Internet, talking with professionals, and attending classes. The thing I’ve realized is that the learning never ends. And it’s not supposed to.
You know the old saying, “Find joy in the journey.” Well, it’s true.
Our Offer to You
So what this means to you in your life is we all need to have mentors to help teach us, help us grow, and believe in us when we struggle. And struggling happens all the time during parenting.
With an army of teachers, parents, therapists, and counselors at my side, we want to teach, mentor, share, and encourage you in your parenting journey. It’s a wild ride!
So, here’s your next step:
We invite you to join our community of like-minded parents who aren’t just raising kids but are preparing their children to LIVE THEIR BEST LIFE!
our areas of focus
The Latest Blog Posts
Written by Susan H. ChristiansenIs Validation Really Important?For many families, arguments are commonplace while emotional...
Written by Jenifer ReichardtHow Do I Keep My Struggling Student Learning?With many schools opting for e-learning this year, many...
THE PROBLEM: Finding quality information to help us make good parenting decisions.
THE SOLUTION: Pilot Parenting provides a great deal of goodness for parents through evidenced-based writings and expert led workshops . . .
EVIDENCED-BASED SCIENCE + EXPERT ADVICE
= DAILY HELP
- Learn how teachers ask questions and create learning experiences
- Get students to do their work
- Create successful schedules and routines
- Help struggling learners
- Learn how to raise children with initiative and self-management skills
- Encourage a curious mind
- Teach life skills
- Create rewarding family relationships
MENTAL HEALTH THERAPISTS
- Learn about the 3 major parts of the brain and how they work together to help your child grow
- Learn how the left and right hemispheres of the cerebrum determine how easily our kids learn and handle their emotions
- Increase your child’s ability to focus, stay organized, and remember
- Learn exercises to Improve your child’s executive function skills
- Teach your child emotional self-regulation
- Help your child improve motor skills, balance, and coordination
- Learn how to distinguish sensory processing issues
- Learn strategies to help eye coordination and dyslexia
- Learn how to help your child with social and emotional issues
- Get important information about career and college preparation
- Learn to notice when your child is feeling depressed or anxious
- Strategies for improving your child’s mental wellbeing and safety
We’d love to hear from you!